Forest resort, Lithuania © Forest Heaven
Honeymoon coming up? Lithuania may be an unexpected alternative for adventurous couples. The country caters to all ideas of refined romance. A recent survey indicated that almost 40% of couples describe their honeymoon as “adventurous”. Couples who favour piquant destinations should consider Lithuania – the land of calm, seclusion and behind-the-scenes action.
“Lithuania has a lot to offer to couples looking for privacy, nature and variety,” explained Indrė Trakimaitė-Šeškuvienė, Head of Marketing at Lithuania Travel. “People who look beyond most popular honeymoon spots will find our country uncrowded, civilized and respectful of privacy.”
1. Atokampis Boutique Spa & Resort. Bali-style cosy cabins in the depth of Lithuanian forest create an impression of a private oasis. Couples may order meal trays that are delivered to cabins on arrival and may be enjoyed at any time. Private kitchens and dining rooms make the cabins fully self-sufficient temporary homes for two. Each cabin has a spacious terrace with an outdoor ofuro bath. Spa service packages for couples may be ordered additionally.
2. Forest Heaven. Only one company of visitors at a time – that is the rule of this mysterious forest resort, set in 18 hectares of forest, and featuring a private pond, two cosy cabins, and complete privacy. This ecological resort is equipped with a portable camping shower and bio-toilet. Wooden hot-tub and massage services may be ordered on site, along with romantic meals and horse riding on a nearby stud farm.
3. Karkelbeck. This historical site on the seaside is said to have been used as an amber processing workshop in the 16th and 17th centuries. It features amber therapy and other amber-related health procedures. Visitors can also learn about amber-finding techniques and enjoy resting in a traditional wooden house with a private lawn.
4. Glamping Lithuania. This oasis of luxurious camping on the edge of a beautiful lake is fully equipped for a romantic holiday. The tent house for two includes a bed with coconut mattress, spa baths, a heated floor and romantic lights. It is a wonderful place to comfortably enjoy natural surroundings.
5. Oasis Dome. Enjoy a night on the water in this exceptional work of professional architecture. This bubble tent, built on a footbridge, can be used in any weather. An unusual apartment, it has autonomous heating and electric lights as well as a comfortable bed and a couple of seat bags.
6. Sala Resort. This exclusive resort club is located on the shore of Lake Plateliai. It offers luxury service for a strictly limited number of club members and guests. Spa services, sports, hiking, bicycle tours and outdoor baths are just some of the options at this exceptional private resort.
7. Lavender Inn. This is an innovative, newly-built guesthouse that invites visitors to enjoy all its colours, scents and sensations. A well-kept garden provides tranquility and the onsite spa with a sauna and swimming pool is tailored for comfortable relaxation. Guests may choose one of seven different rooms with a unique interior.
8. Tree House. Couples seeking some real adventure can book a tree house on a lakeside, offering an exotic but comfortable experience. Raised in the tree, this house features a cosy bed, a kitchen, and a fireplace.
9. Manor Of Pakruojis. An authentic 19th-century manor provides a perfect background for admirers of historical romance. Apart from the comfortable accommodation in classical apartments, visitors can also enjoy walking or riding around large manor park, or have a candlelight massage.
10. Villa Šturmų Švyturys. This marine guesthouse on the shore of the Curonian Lagoon is the place for those who love the romance of the sea. Cosy fisherman-styled rooms are named after local fish. No two rooms are the same, and some feature exclusive details, such as beds made of boats. Needless to say, fresh fish is the main attraction in the restaurant, where the daily catch is served instead of a traditional menu.